Monday, October 31, 2011

Alice theme Halloween!

A few months ago we were at my parents' house and my kids got out the Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum costumes that my mom made for Kimi and her friend when they were 9. They fit Jess and Josh perfectly so my mom let them take the costumes home to save for Halloween. Then I got to thinking that the Alice costume I made for Jess 5 years ago would fit Mandie this year, and thus our theme Halloween was born! We decided that Nat would be the perfect Queen of Hearts, and Missy wanted to be the white rabbit.

I only had to make 2 costumes, so I was brave enough to go all-out with Natalie's. I used leftover fabric from Jason's old store, I was so amazed that there there was exactly the amount that I needed! The crown is borrowed, isn't it great??



Missy's costume was really easy. You may recognize the vest from a certain leprechaun costume, and Natalie made the cute watch!




And here are the fabulous tweedle costumes, aren't they cute!?


And of course my precious little Alice!



Ta-dah!

8 comments:

Meredith said...

Those are all so awesome! I love that you went with a theme for them all! SO CUTE!!!!!

Ruth said...

I was visiting Flagstaff one summer with my family and Kimi got out those costumes. I was just Amazed at Karen's talent! They are so Cool!! All of your children look so great in these costumes! You did a wonderful job!

Erin said...

Their costumes were SOO cool! I just loved them.

Sarah Welsh said...

You are so creative!! Your kids look absolutely ADORABLE!

LeMira said...

LOVE THEM!

Jana said...

AAAUGGH, they are just so CUTE! And I am so impressed that you made costumes in the midst of your crazy busy life. You go girl.

Merry said...

Christine, I LOVE these costumes! Your kids are so cute!

Robyn said...

So cute!