Sunday, July 6, 2014

Cabin Trip

We spent a perfect 2 nights at our friend's cabin at the end of May.  I put a lot of thought into picking the perfect days to go that wouldn't be too hot or carry the risk of a late snow.  So I was super happy that I actually got the perfect weather I ordered!

Jason wasn't sure he'd be able to come with us, but at the last minute he decided to brave it.  I was very glad since I didn't want to stay overnight without him-- we just would have gone up for a day.  But as it was we stayed 2 nights.

Jason made sure (as he always does) that the kids all had their own pocket knife, flashlight, and emergency whistle. They put them on paracord necklaces so they always have them.  Mandie was super proud of hers.

They all whittled their roasting sticks and did some other whittling too.



Brandy came too!  She LOVES going to the cabin.  She did so much running and exploring that I literally watched her fall asleep standing up.  She was absolutely exhausted by the time we went home.



Jason brought climbing equipment to try out on the cool climbing wall.  He taught the kids how to make rope harnesses and belayed for them and they all made it to the top!  It was really challenging and the little kids had to try a couple times to make it.  I was so impressed with all of them!


2 comments:

Karen Rowley said...

What a fun fun time! So glad Jason could go. And how funny to see Brandy fall asleep standing up! It looks like an awesome vacation.

Sarah Welsh said...

FUN! So glad Jason could go too!